I have to admit that I thought about this for a long time before I got started, but that was because I was terrified of the entire process. Finally I got started cleaning, carding and preparing the fiber of each of the boys to spin. I did about 3 oz. of each and was thrilled when I had three balls of yarn!
i began to knit and quickly knew I didn't have enough! Maybe I would have if I had spun thinner yarn, but mine was way more thick than thin and so it wasn't going to go very far. So, I began again! This time I just cleaned and carded Pancho's fiber and decided to use the other two yarns for fringe. I cleaned, carded and spun 12 oz. of fiber. I had to ply it, wash it and have it ready to knit and I did - on December 23rd. Finally it was dry by the Monday evening and I began to knit! It was done by shortly afternoon on Tuesday the 24th! Even the fringe was on - it was a miracle!!! Oh and yes, I slept - total knitting was around 5 hours! Unbelievable! I'm still amazed. Bill loved it and it was wrapped around his neck this morning as our temps finally dipped to the freezing mark.
|Carding the fiber|
|Removing fiber from the drum carder|
|Washed and drying|
|Knitting almost done|
|Ready to wrap|